Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Since Yves Saint Laurent's Fall/Winter 2008 collection I have been OBSESSIVE over the Trib Boots short and tall... Everyone started wearing the pump version which made me want the boot style more and more... only seeing it being worn by fashion idols and on the streets of fashion week. I would stalk ebay daily trying to find the short boot at a reasonable "college student" ...alas no luck.
Until recently I was doing my rounds on ebay, and came across the Bebe Tyra ankle boots... AMAZING. Probably the best inspired pair of shoes I have ever seen. I am usually not into blatant copies of designer pieces but this one was just to good to pass up. With my package on its way, as I frantically keep checking my tracking number... I will post pictures when they arrive. Stay tuned...
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
First of all I just wanted to apologize for being away for so long. Last week I was sick with a nasty bug and so far this week I have been up to my eyeballs in midterms and projects for classes... but alas 32 days left till graduation, I think I can make it your just going to have to bear it all with me.
In regards to Milan fashion week, I love a lot of it but was slightly disappointed with some hard hitters such as Prada. Although a very wearable collection, its only good in specific pieces and the overall collection seemed a bit dull for my taste especially after such a stunning collection for Spring/Summer 2010. My favorite collection of Milan would have to be the Versace show. A lot of different designers are using black as always for Fall/Winter, but I thought Versace was the perfect amount. It has the ideal staples of winter such as the long jewel tone coat, but with some favorites such as the brown and black moto style leather pants for the ultimate bond girl.
Dear Donnatella, if your reading... Ill take on of the yellow leather jackets, and the feather dress.
For the rest of Milan fashion week, these were my top ten picks.
- Dsquared2 - Detailing in the spinal cord shoes.
- Missoni - Beautiful oversized knits.
- Gucci - AMAZING trousers.
- Marni - the accessories were absolutely perfect, especially the gloves.
- Bottega Veneta - Its nice to see Bottega having a bad girl come out, one of the best collections.
- Christopher Kane for Versus - Beautiful body con dresses.
- Salvatore Ferragamo - Classic Italian style all around.
- Dolce & Gabanna - Beautiful tailoring.
- Fendi - Great use of texture.
- Jil Sander - Fantastic wearable work clothing...minus the jumpsuit lol.
And incase you missed it, heres the whole Versace Collection:
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Christopher Kane was the highlight of London Fashion Week for me. Something completely different than he has ever done before, yet reinvented himself with the use of patent leather and embroidery. What I wouldn't do for that embroidered leather jacket and the patent leather knee length pumps...
Other shows to look out for would include:
- Matthew Williamson -(The perfect cocktail dress, beautiful velvets)
- Aquascutum - (Floor length coats, and extra long tie belts)
- Vivienne Westwood -(Great mix of colors for fall, with sequins and heart belts)
- Erdem - 2nd favorite collection (Hard Patterns with Soft Layers and a great pair of Utility Boots)
- Pringle of Scotland - (Celtic pieces with luscious velvet)
- Jonathan Saunders-(Beautiful bunched socks, layers, and shoes done by Christian Louboutin)
- Burberry - (I fell in love with sherling all over again...
*Images credit to style.com
And incase you missed the live coverage of Burberry, here is the full length show: